Friday, May 10, 2019

Patchy Fun For Mother's Day

We are having open doors and windows weather!
There is a robin at the birdbath, drinking the water.
Bring you a little closer...
Ahh....there she is!  The bath is among the flower pots, on top of a flower pot, because the bath is a bit short.  I guess they never liked my DIY bathes from the last few years. I had to go buy a 'real' one!  It wasn't costly. Just really short.

Moving on to the Patches.  Gah these are soooo fun!
These 3 are for swappers who wanted to play. They were mailed yesterday, but I don't think any come to my blog, so....
Am taking another 'class' from Jude Hill, and the 'prompt' is "green."
I wasn't going to 'play' until I was reordering the chaos in my bucket. 
My there were a lot of green scraps!  I stacked them as I came to them, chose this ''30's print" for it's greenyness, and started at the bottom/selvage.  I didn't really do much tweaking, just picked off the stack and lay it down, working my way up the fabric. It's nearly 2 couch cushions long. 
Other works turning up.  Not much stitching on them yet, except for the middle one.  It suddenly reminded me of mom, of her red, blue, and lots of white, wardrobe.  Then I dug out the black thread, which I don't really like using, hard to see. But mom had bought it for a needlework she did over a decade ago, probably a lot longer than that even.  
Happy Mother's Day Mom!  
I picture you and dad having the retirement you never had together.
And Happy Mother's Day to those women I know, who are still with us.


1 comment: