Friday, March 01, 2019

Mending Madness for March

Ashley's. Flying Geese and Kites quilt. Because when she was little she wanted to fly!
To pull myself out of the winter rut, I decided to take part in a mending-who-ha {March Mending Madness} on Instagram.  Since posting pix of mended granny panties is not something anyone else should see....I will mend, and post pix, of these quilts, for starters.
Ben's quilt, made from fabrics Grandma Evie bought for him, for me to make, in the 1980's.

Speaking of mending. I found an 'egg' once [?] used for mending socks. Perhaps they were known as 'stockings' in that era? {it's that wooden thing, Ashley}
Anyway. My mom had one, that same Grandma Evie.  I think about it every now and then, not knowing where it ended up.  A few days ago, a neighbor gave me a tin full of misc sewing things. Including this egg. 
The same day the mending-who-ha was "announced." Meant to be.
Appliqueing between the lines.
This is not mending. 
This is stitching, applique stitching, which is different from mending stitching...ha....
I first mentioned this work last August....gah...
It's been a WIP [work-in-progress] since the 1970's. I thought about adding fabric in the larger areas, instead of just doing embroidery over the whole thing. Then this scrap came in the mail in those big boxes of gifted goodies last year.  
Ta da.
Now to pick fabrics for the mending.

No comments:

Post a Comment