Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Embroidered Newspaper Art

Back in the day, as a teen, I would come across line drawings in the paper, usually in the 'entertainment' section. 
I did this embroidery back then. I really enjoyed stitching on these "work" shirts as they were known then. The label says " Big Mac, 100 % cotton, JC Penney."
I took off this pocket to put on the Mosaic Quilt, in the below picture.
The shirt is too small for me now, so I will turn it into some other item of wearablity.  The new pearl cotton threads are for the coloring in of Pegasus. I don't usually buy threads in color 'themes' or 'palettes'.  
I have 'rainbows' of colors, in the pearls.

I have done a Smokey the Bear, from the newspaper, and other embroideries. 
Would have to dig out 'hard copy' photos.

2 comments:

  1. The mosaic quilt is magnificant!
    And yes, those work shirts...i have no idea what i did with mine..and why

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i bet you had those too. seems like everyone had them in the 1980's.

    and thank you, the mosaic quilt was a good project to work on while sitting here with mom. i couldn't go away from her, like into another room to sew, she would forget where i went, and panic. so stitching and sitting with her was what i did.

    ReplyDelete