Friday, August 17, 2018

Camp Out with Grandparents

Three little girls came from not very far away, to stay at the home of their Grandparents, Vicky and Dan.
They were spending the night!! Of course they had their Mama with them, to join in the fun.  
There was BBQ burgers, homemade fries, forgotten corn-on-the-cob, ice cream and a fun game of I Spy.
And Then.....they got to go sleep in THE trailer!!!
Nor did they disturb the grandparents when they left in the morning.
I hope they had fun!

We were given another table/drawer/thing.  Dan remodeled it and added a funky cardboard type thing to the back for more support. Since THAT side would be facing MY chair, I asked him what he planned to do to it.
"Nothing," said he. "BS," said me. 
So I painted it, after discarding multiple other ideas.
After 2 coats of berry-purple, it still wasn't 'enough,' so I added some watered down metallic paint in 'copper'.  It doesn't really look like much, and it really doesn't show much, but it's shiny from my side.

Found this one morning, under the HB feeder. [humming bird]
The ants WERE all around the edges, like lions around the water hole. They weren't that way after getting my camera. Rats. 
But, I have discovered that the slugs, whose slime trails I have pointed to on the left side, actually remove the sugar stains from the trek decking boards. The 3rd arrow is pointing to a pine needle. Maybe they are actually called fir needles? Fir leaves? Lets face, "real" pine needles aren't found in this area of WA state.
Oh looky there....a Quilt Top!
The 3rd one is assembled, of the 7 for 7 Grandchildren.
This one is for #4. Middle of the above 3.

1 comment: