Friday, February 01, 2019

My Women's March

 Women's March Jan. 21, 2017
 
I finished it!  A few days late. 
I really like how the knit fabric worked for couching the letters.  
This part also has 'forest land' added.
And I added a few of the facts...like how many marches there were that day and in how many cities. They don't match up.  I added them anyway.
I worked on the 'forest lands' from this angle, below.
It's not pressed yet, or signed. 
When I washed out the ink for the words, the backing bled, so now there is more pink than white, overall. 
[i am not good at thoroughly washing out dye on small things] 
My daughter finished her puzzle!
Did I mention I totally messed up mine while trying to glue it?
I got Ashley the glue you use over the TOP of the puzzle!!
[in other words...don't be like mom.]

Over the years, I have tried to do a dollhouse for myself. Never worked out. 
This time I am trying a 'camp site' instead. 
Basket crocheted by me. 
Popsicle stick table...not as easy to assemble as I always thought.
Popsicle stick trees in the back left. 
Glued to toothpicks and into a piece of bark.
Bare tree sticks assembled with help from Dan. 
He drilled the great big holes for them sticks.
The base is the tray from Costco that once held a bday cake. I kept the plastic cover too, in case I want a dust cover...although keeping
dust out of a camp site is an oxymoron.

No picture of it, yet, but I used another large plastic cake lid to 
put over my thread caddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment