Saturday, January 19, 2019

The Women's March

Last Thursday, 2 of MY women went to our state capital, Olympia, on a class field trip. They got to meet 2 Women Elected last Nov., 
who represent the local areas.
This is my daughter, her daughter, and Senator Emily Randall. She heard there were some Kitsap Kids in the house, so she went out to greet them!
The other representative they met was Michelle Caldier, the Republican member of the house, but no picture with her, darn it, because we can be bi-partisan too!

I figure this is a good day to update my Women's March 2017 WIP 
[work-in-progress]  I am not done, but the Marches March on today!!

I crocheted teeny tiny PussyHats! 
Working with the 'yarn-strips-cut-from-leggin's' was so much fun!!  They aren't stitched down yet, just basted. But I am sooooo glad I took this pic, because I can now see my M is not quite right.
The 'bird's eye view of the Marching Women.
The whole piece. And yes it is wobbly, and will probably not lose that charming feature. The round blueish part?  Why that's our Big Blue Marble.

And because this little guy could not have been born without a Woman, my other daughter Steph.  He is really here to show him playing with the toy his Other Mother made for him. 
Other Mother?  All the eggs a woman has are made while in the womb of HER mother, so in essence, we are carrying our future grandchildren.

1 comment:

  1. I think I knew this once upon a time, but never in quite this way. Thank you for sharing the insight: that we carry generations within us

    ReplyDelete