Saturday, January 12, 2019

Another Completion, a Start, a Middle, a Puzzle

MonkeySquirrel click to enlarge
This. 
Well...it started out like the Bear I made for #6, something to teeth/chew/slobber on, and washable! Along the way I changed my mind and tried for a squirrel. Near the finish, it looked more like a monkey. 
This one is for Max, #7. His mama likes squirrels. 
So who is into monkeys?

  I started this 'scene' in Nov. or Dec. 2018.
I have been adding bits to it as they came along. 
I just started stitching, so I consider it a 'start'.

The "Women's March 2017" needs working on. 
This is the "middle" part of this post. I think.
[Click on the label on the right side to see all the posts with this work in them.]
As I looked at the whole cloth, I figured it's time to add the words to it. Which led to an idea to try couching yarn to shape the letters. No pink yarn, but this pair of girls leggins' has pink in it. Since I had been given permission to 'do what you want with these, mom,' I cut them up!
As you can see, knit fabric, when pulled, curls up into nice tubes. 
Rather yarn looking, right?
Now to try it out.
Dan decided to finish the puzzle I had started. I sat in that chair in the background and crocheted. He used his phone to enlarge the picture, so he could find things, without taking a photo of it. No magnifying glass around here. Need to change that for sure.
I got puzzles for the families. This one is now done!
[we don't have children to interrupt, mess with, lose bits]


1 comment: