Wednesday, August 29, 2018

8/28/18

Maxwell was born this day!
Us parents, sister and 2 of her girls took off for Tacoma. 
We hadn't heard anything new for a couple of hours, so we just went.
Perfect timing, as it turned out. 
I insisted we go up to the Birthing floor of the hospital. 
And though we weren't supposed to go into the room, I did anyway.
That was MY daughter in there and I wanted to see how she was!
That is the 'before' picture, hours before.
And this is Daddy finally getting to hold his son.  New to us, when 'they' can, the baby spends time on mom's chest, skin to skin. Before they weight them, before anyone else holds the babe. Then the feeding begins.
I would have gone cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs, had it been me, waiting to hold him. 
{Bobby was being patient.} 
{Max has Dad's beard...on his head.}
So when I slipped into the room, Max still had wet hair under his hat. 
Mama looked pretty good, though she has an infection, having to do with her water breakage. 
Yes, that is me standing there. And you can see the other grandmother in the mirror. Cool. 
The Six Pack as of Today.

Last night, after the visit, we went to Denny's....or Lenny's, 
if you remember those ad's.  Ashley, our middle daughter, and me.
I always seem to have a puzzled look on my face, according to Dan. 


2 comments:

  1. i am SO HAPPY for you all....Max. What an education he has ahead of him with
    all the sisters....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world, Max ... you will know much love as you make your way

    ReplyDelete