Wednesday, January 25, 2017

51 to 56 Of Daily Patching

see the pink 'ears' for the Women's March on Sat.?
I actually stitched #'s 54, 55 and 56 today.  
My sweetie pie had some surgery done on Monday, the 23rd, so I wasn't home most of the day. He had some small things fixed in his heart. I can't remember all the big words the doctor used, but he pointed to a chart on the wall, of a heart, and said "I did Big Words on the left side to fix a Big Word he was born with, and did a BW to this part in the right side, and a BW to this other part in the right side. That is why it took us 4 hours."  
My question, "Is the thing on his left side hereditary?"
His answer, "No." 
Daughter Ashley's response, "whew."
Ashley had taken us to the hospital and waited with me. 
The Heart center waiting room had some nice tables, perfect to lay stitchy work out on. So that is what I did.  I have had these skeleton print scraps for years. I love them. I have added them to other cloth works and then removed them. Maybe they will stay on this one? 
The whole piece.  It's over 12" wide and 14" deep. 
I am making it to cover This Thing. This contraption Dan has created out of PVC pipe, to hold up his tablet, small speaker, phone, coffee maker and microwave...
Seriously, this Thing is not exactly super attractive. (Any more than that damn blanket is.) So I am making a cloth to cover the back of the Thing. Something I will enjoy looking at. 
Sew some sewing was done the first day this week.

1 comment:

  1. Vicky, I hope your DH is truly on the mend. Glad to hear stitching helped you through the wait time. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete