Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Memories, Knots, Stitching

Thank You Karen for leaving a comment!  

My children had used this part of the bunk bed as a memory wall.  
Many things are written along the whole length of the plywood., but I won't share those pix, just in case it embarrasses someone.  The bed is being moved to be used for my 2 older grandgirls...wonder what they will add to the wall???? 
[besides the scribbles you see that they have already left]
                                                                    ↓ [skipper]
My dear one was trying to get a photo of the skipper you barely see skipping away....but I thought the knot and radiating lines were something to add to my texture collection.
So after stitching 'both sides', better pic of that below somewhere, I cut away the backing so the middle part would....well, I thought it would stand out...but the bleached squiggles disappear in the light.  Wasn't expecting that, though I should have.  
Rather interesting, now you see me, now you don't.

I just pinned it to the stick in the window, for pictures.
I 'pencil sketched' it in Picasa.
click to enlarge
Here it is, the stitching shows up nicely in this shot.
Not done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment