So here is the 'nest' with some of the leaves glued to it, The leaves were dried, but 'as is', not flat and tidy. They still worked. As I got them loaded with the glue, they softened rather nicely.
Not nearly as good as using glycerin, I am sure, though I haven't tried that yet.
Ashley brought me a bag of leaves the girls found for me, and since they dried 'as is', I just played around with them. The leaves draped over the glue tub worked out a lot better than the ones left to dry on the wax paper. They all have a gluey cast to them to, so I wouldn't use them for something I wanted to make last. But it's fun and now I know how to help the girls with this sort of project....next summer! [outside] [and wearing gloves to make hand washing easy for kids]
Those squiggly things are Japanese Maple. I may add them to the nest....after I cut them off the wax paper.
Then I started another craft....I needed to paint up some paper for printing on, because I won't waste printer ink on that kind of thing. So I put a tad bit of the green into a small cup, added a bit to much water, I thought, and smeared the paper, which isn't pictured...opps...
Then I was standing there looking at the left over paint in the cup...so I started painting other things! The leaves are real ones, that I did dry flat. The cones are from the yard. I just rolled them around in the cup.
So you can see what paint I used, and the back of the leaves, because that is what I do.
O look...that can got some paint on it...