Monday, February 07, 2011

Potty Training and Scabies

Before I even got out of bed this morning I realized I had forgotten to fix the coffee maker last night.  I should have taken that as a sign.  I even mentioned it Outloud to my husband.   His lack of response should have been another sign.

As I came out of the bedroom, I saw that both men were sitting in their chairs [husband and son] looking at me. Sign #3.

For there on the floor was evidence that our dogs have poopers and pee-ers.  {these are the words Lily and I use to discuss potty training}

Both men sat and watched me clean up the mess.

Neither man fixed my coffee for me.

Though they did get me a new mop at Costco later, they did not fix my coffee.

Fuckers.

Then later I got a call from Ashley to update me on Rhiley's 18 month doctor check-up.  Her bow legs are not a concern until around age 3, I think A. said.  She got 5 shots. What the hell do they fill kids full of these days??  Sheesh.  Then while they were there they got a call that Rhiley's fave uncle has scabies. So thats why she has rashy, itchy spots.  More sheesh. So they got cream for that and advice to wash everything....or bag it up in plastic....

I have R. tomorrow, so I have put away all the cloth toys for her sake.  Poor Ashley...when you really think about everything that could be harboring the bugs, you can get overwhelmed! I know I did during the Lice Crisis years ago.

3 comments:

  1. You better not EVEN make them coffee, you should go out for a cup...ONE CUP. The animal thang was inexcusabe too...dang men of yours. By leaving, it woulda just sat there too!

    Hope you gave them an earful.

    You need a vacation. Alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree, go out and buy a nice cup of coffee in a quiet cafe and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete