Wednesday, April 07, 2010

More Mosaic Blocks

Sew, I have been soing. Working on the mosaic blocks. This first pic is an idea, not necessarily something I will include on this quilt. Jude Hill, over at Spirit Cloth, does this checkerboard and it looked like fun, so I gave it a try.
The Tasmania bit came off a t-shirt given to me by a quilter down under in Tasmania, along with a baggie of sand from her favorite beach!!!!! The 'friends' sq. is from another quilter friend.
and this block above has much to do with my children and me. The state patches are from a novelty print, of course. I decided to use just the states that I have been to since this is my quilt after all.


Egg Sunday, Ashley took Megan and Lily with them to hunt for goodies. Danny is holding Lily, and another family member is holding Danny and Ashley's Rhiley.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great quilt with all those various pieces. My favorite quilts have a variety of fabrics, the more the better, and this is just like that style.

    You have the cutest grandchildren! Rhiley is a little doll and it looks like she is about to take her fits step.

    ReplyDelete