Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Stitchy Stuff


Back of second quilt to be finished of the 7for7 Grandchildren Quilts.
All animal fabrics, since this one is for our animal whisperer. Most of these prints are from my quilty friends, those generous women who sent me lots of fabrics for these, and other quilts.
As you can see, I used the fabrics as whole as possible.
The snap tape I am using for the opening for these quilts, since they will be used as duvet covers....or not. Up to the child. They may be used for tents...should I tell them they can possibly crawl inside the quilt???
A patch. I came across this one in the black hole  foot stool. 
I have signed up for Jude Hills "last class". Patchwork in Perspective.
AND during the March Mending Mayhem on IG, some wanted to swap "patches" to be used as...patches on...well....anything. 
This is the debut patch, made by a fellow Scot, a thistle fancier, and an 
Overall's wearer, on the cover of my "Patchbook." 
Patchbook cover
Image result for denim overallsSlide View: 1: Vintage Oversized Denim Overall
Not sure if those pix will stay, I just copy/pasted pix of Overalls. 
click to enlarge
This is what I mailed off the my swap-pal. I laughed when I realized we BOTH used flamingos on our patches. I also gave her a xmas card I didn't send in 2018, because it's a little more 'arty' than many on my holiday list. AND I crocheted her a "thistle", that I made up as I went along. 
Anyway....the timing of the swap/mending event and Jude's class made me think about other bits I have made...and how much I enjoy making wallies, and after all, patches are just small wallies...right?  
So I am going to make weekly patches, and keep track of them in this 
re-purposed storybook. [not a favorite of mine, of course, just a blah one]
Patchbook inside flaps
This is the inside front cover, collage bits added, including the cover to a Spring Catalog from a wonderful seed company.  The bitty card came with the patch that is gracing the front of the book, for now. I pinned it to the cover. 
It may stay, it may change.
The next few pages are these, to give you an idea of how I will make this a "planner" style re-purposed book.  Blank stickers to cover stepsisters frowny faces, for writing on. The paint blobs are from another online class.  [I didn't get much further than that, I just don't handle a paintbrush like I do a needle.] 





No comments:

Post a Comment