Thursday, March 14, 2019

First 7of 7 Quilts DONE

Side one
Oh my, I can't believe I finally finished one of these!!!
This is Rhiley's, #3 granddaughter, of the 7 of 7 Quilts For Grandchildren.
Side two
 I pieced all the backs from all the scraps too.  I didn't cut up the scraps, just used them as they came from my generous Quilt Friends. Rhiley wanted a blue quilt back, so I started with the Bird Panel and went around and around.  
I haven't added a label, so it isn't 'officially' done. I will just sign it somewhere with a perm marker.
Since these quilts are made to be duvet covers, I needed to add a place to open them.  After a LOT of thinking I went with snap tape. So it wasn't stiff [zipper] or have strings [ties] or bulky buttons [button holes].  I also stitched it into the side seam. Most covers I have seen, are open at a short end, which leaves the opposite end the part that goes under your chinny-chin-chin.  
And that is where the quilts wear out. 
Since these quilts won't have a 'wrong' side, here is a shot of the inside seams.
Because we like to see that part too.
Now the other 6 of the 7 should be a tad bit easier, since I have worked out the assembly parts.....

1 comment: