Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Quilt Repairs and Crochet


A neighbor asked me to repair this quilt she purchased at an auction. The fabrics date back to the late 1960's. Maybe not all of them, but this one red print does, because my mother made a dress for me back then. 
Not that you can tell in the b/w photo.
We called it, the dress, Carnaby Street. I have no idea why.
I am only adding patches where I have to.  The quilt is to be re-sold at a flea market, so I am not putting the effort into it that I should.  If she were to keep this quilt, I would put more time into it.
Crochet!  Ole! 
For Ashley's giant dream[catcher].  And I did up a star[fish], purple star, and created a comet!  She may not use them, for this project, and that is ok.
Am still working on the mandala throw.  It may not turn out as well as I hope, but the circles sure have been fun to stitch up!
Oh yeah, another star.  This is the beginning of a pattern called 
"Rings Of Change", which I will be making for #7. I decided to give Ashley a part of the pattern too, after I noticed it was a star!


No comments:

Post a Comment