I want to stitch the leaf, the big one in my last post, to the fabric it is photographed on.
But first I needed to try it on a different leaf. It worked!
I used Decoart Media Liquid Glass on these. I read reviews that said it leaves things pliable, and that was what I was hoping for. When it was dry, I put the needle to it. It worked really nicely.
I did find that the holes created by the needle were not as pronounced-mess up-disrupted when I put the needle down through the leaf. So come up through the fabric, and down through the leaf.
Not a great enlargement, but it gives you and idea of how the holes look.