Saturday, June 02, 2012

Not The Colors I Imagined

For the next section of the Sumptuous embroidery class we get to work with color.  So I thought I would use the same squirrel  in tree design.  This color palette generated of the trunk and moss of the real tree is not exactly what I had in mind.  Which goes to show that I wasn't really seeing the true colors!
Off to think some more about this.
Edit to add...I went back to the picture and fiddled with it in Picasa and came up with a palette that pleases me more....I wanted more brown than gray.  Granted...most tree trunks are more gray than brown, but I wanted to come up with a palette different than the monotone I am still working on/finishing up.
Off to think some more about this.
Now I am getting somewhere! Have some contrast in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment