Saturday, June 25, 2011

Experiments

A while back I ordered these sample packs of fabric from Dharma Trading  just to see what fabrics are what.  And to play a bit maybe. I also like to know how a needle goes through the fabric.
Viscose [Rayon-a pure cellulose] Challis. Needle slides nicely thru the white part of the fabric, not the inked part because it's not rinsed well.
 And an even longer while ago, I had gotten a Dr. Ph Martin's India Ink set for Stephanie.
So since the inks, and Steph, were home for the summer, I thought I would play a bit.  These are 6 different fabrics, un-washed, that I dropped some ink onto...and a little water....and some salt on a couple.  Then put the tray on top of the fridge and left them for 2 days.  I then rinsed them out a bit and pressed with an iron to dry.  The samples come with the fabric name and  other info, sticker-ed  on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment