Monday, March 28, 2011

Today Is...

Our 24th anniversary.

The day mom is being released from the hospital and going back to the nursing home.

Is my only day off from grandchildren this week.

The day I finally solved 'the does she or doesn't she' have a pre-paid cremation plan. No. She doesn't. 'She' being my mom, who has thought she did have one all these years!!

I did find a possible ancestry tid-bit though, on my dad's side.

I also found out it wasn't my cat involved in the cat fight that woke me up this a.m.  The scattered fur left behind is from Boots, the neighbors cat. I did see the instigator, a beautiful black cat, slinking away unharmed.  And I noticed Boots a couple of hours later basking in the sun, so I am hoping he is ok. 

I got all sorts of paperwork done today, which included the phone calls to funeral homes. Yipee!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary!
    As for the rest of the stuff -- things have to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a nice celebration despite everything else.

    ReplyDelete