Google+ Followers

Thursday, November 04, 2010

My Next Appliqué Quilt Plan

The next step in my Tropical applique plans. This will be the fantasy tropical place you can find me in when I go to my "happy place", though I will be leaving out the handsome hunks serving me drinks and peeled grapes. And the bugs.

 I saw this great idea on another blog, for figuring out what fabric to use for what, when you have a lot of pieces.  I didn't quite use her idea here, but I still think it's a good one.
seaweeds
corals
waves/water
turtles and dolphin
the flowers and fish will be multiple colors
my base fabric for the appliqué
almost forgot the seahorses!
I left out the birds that will be in the outer area too....I know which ones I want to use, I just forgot about them....
my 'map' for this quilt
Like my goofy Paint mock up for this newest project?
I didn't think I needed a full size paper pattern/map to follow for this, but I did want something to keep me straight on what will go where. I think I will put the paper patterns I have on the base fabric and make sure I do have room for everything...and that I free-hand-cut the volcanic action for the center area, in a correct size.  Don't want it to be marble size, ya know?!
The base fabric for this was a little brighter than I wanted, but I didn't want to buy another one, so I.....did something that will shock you......I bleached it.....yes, you read that right, I applied bleach to it....or rather, put it in a mild bleach bath.  Took all of about a minute to change.  Still not exactly what I was thinking of for this, but it will work....it's just the base for all the other yummy fabs anyway.  And maybe some embroidery.....and some fun quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment