Google+ Followers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Family and Sewing

Dan's niece


What Megan does with the camera
Dan and his sister, who showed up this last week
adding the water around the volcano
 I decided to try a trick Liza Prior Lucy does, she calls it 'front basting' for lack of a better term.  She machine bastes the appliqué pieces down, then takes out a few stitches at a time as she hand appliqués.  Worked pretty well on the first section but I went with hand basting for the other 2 pieces.  Took about the same amount of time to hand baste 2 parts down as it took to machine stitch  the other one.
all 3 water parts complete with my pen lines
how they look on the piece...crappy photo tho.

2 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful family. :o) And I'm lovin' watching this quilt come together. Your techniques (and results) are just so completely different from anything I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me intrigued with the volcano...and the water...getting out my popcorn and getting ready for the show...

    ReplyDelete