Friday, February 12, 2010

Reading Other Blogs

Dorothy asked if I read a blog called Spirit Cloth. Yes, as a matter of fact I do read that one, every day! I have gotten a lot of inspiration and confidence, actually, from Jude's work and attitude. And other blogs like hers.

I have always been a 'big stitch' quilter, so it's nice to see others doing it too. {by big stitch I mean taking a large running stitch for quilting} For years now, I have used perle cotton threads to add to the look of the quilt and am now using my supply of DMC threads, ie: plain old 6-strand cotton floss. Granted, dragging the embroidery floss through the layers of fabric and batt tend to wear it thin, but....

Deborah, the moonlight is part of the Crows piece. I need to take a complete picture of it, then it will make more sense.

I check in on Dorothy and Deborah's blogs every day too!

2 comments:

  1. I read Jude's blog too, and I'm alway's seeing refs to it as I follow around. I think she appeals to lots of us whatever our "style", because of her amazing approach to life!

    I really love your big stitch effect, it looks great, and I love the contrast to my own stuff, which tends to be small and "tight".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I also find Jude a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete