Monday, October 05, 2009

Dad On Beach

I have finally gotten back to Dad and the beach picture. I machine quilted his part down because the high-thread-count-fabric is a bitch to hand stitch through. I will hand quilt the rest of the fabric and boy am I looking forward to that!! Do I go with the usual pearl cotton threads, the strand-embroidery threads, are use both????
Won't know until I work on it, but I have a feeling the pearl cottons will be left out only because of my current supply of colors. I want to stick with threads that 'match' this piece.
I couldn't resist taking a picture of the back, held up to the window, if you click to enlarge you will see the holes made in the fabric on the front!
This shot of the back makes the quilting look like birds flying.
and a wider shot of the whole piece. The fabric was hand dyed by Vicki Welsh especially for me for this.

2 comments:

  1. It's very exciting to see this coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is going to be an outstanding piece. The photo lines are perfect with the hand dyed background. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete