Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I May Be Over

a 4 leaf clover that I overlooked before....oh....opps....I didn't mean to burst into song.....I am feeling better, and that's all I'm gonna say so I don't jinx myself. {yes, I just realized I got the words wrong, say la vie!}

We get our new stove tomorrow...well today since this will be posted after midnight.  I got the auto-mated call telling me the "time window for delivery" would be 1:30 to 3:30...perfect!  Then I got a call from a strange man, who turned out to be the driver of the delivery truck, asking if he could deliver to us first thing in the morning.  We don't do "first thing in the morning" around here, Steph isn't even really awake when she heads for the bus at o'dark thirty in the a.m.  But this guy was begging me, seriously begging me to let him deliver our stove at 7:30 in the morning!!!   He had deliveries to Seabeck, Poulsbo, Bremerton, in other words, all over the Kitsap Peninsula. And we thought our economy was crapped out...Hah.  
The "big" friends and family sale at Sears last week must have been very good!  I know my DIL sold thousands....I repeat...1000's of dollars worth of wash/dryers.  That's the dept. she is in, and she said "not to mention all the other appliances being scooped up" in other dept.s.  So, at least we know there will be clean clothes for Christmas this year!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better - and glad that the new stove is coming - even if it is before most are awake (except me - I'm up by 4 or 5 every morning - and I like it)

    We also got a new stove one Thanksgiving - after the ancient one exploded a burner - shot a flame up to the ceiling and knocked me across the room. Fortunately I was not actually touching the stove when it happened or I would probably not be writing on your blog today. I had no idea a burner could "burn" through like that. I have loved the vintage look of the old stove - but it was off to Sears and a brand new one after that.

    Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy the new stove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm singing it, too--had to look up the lyrics to job my memory, though: I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover. . . enjoy your stove, cook lots.

    ReplyDelete