Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Being Poor

Blog Action Day is today.  The subject is Poverty.  I am sure they mean really bad poverty, not my version of it.  But I can only speak about my version because that's the one I know.  For most of my adult life I have lived within incomes considered Below Poverty Level.  We had a roof over our heads. Food in our cupboards.  Running water, heat, etc.  We have always made room for goodies, by giving up other things, usually things we didn't need.  One time we were able to get a new car. That was cool.  Now we drive used. They work, that's all that matters.   

I can't complain about how things were, we got by.  Now....Now that's a different story.  We live in that gray area between poor and middle class. But that's not what the day is about, so......


No comments:

Post a Comment