Thursday, January 03, 2008

"Pine Lake"

I like Pine
I like A-Frame Cabins
I like mountain lakes
I like pine trees
I like pine cones and needles
I like mountains
I started this quilt in EQ5 [6?] when EQ was having a contest, I think it was called "Do you EQ?" I really wanted to make an A-Frame cabin, but there are no patterns for one out there, so, I made my own. I would have submitted my design, but I couldn't get the math right for the sashing. I don't DO math. But I can do Paper Piece designing.

Now that this is a Quilt Top, I can see some changes needing my attention. The tree top in the lake block [say that fast 3 times] needs to be darker. I will just applique the triangles onto the top. And the leaf print on the back of the lake is way to big, duh. So unless I cover that up with a great big trout [the one that got away], that will have to be app'ed over also. The path leading to the cabin needs to be added to too, but I knew that all along. In fact, I designed this to include embellishing.

4 comments:

  1. I like the overall effect of the quilt. If you are going to embellish something anyway, why not embellish those light tree triangles, instead of applique? Either some buttonhole stitching around the edges, or stitching needles into the triangles . . . maybe? And do the trout! He needs to be in the pic! Love your A-Frame. Wanna live there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! I've never tried to do one myself, I just love those large ones people do with their own photographs.

    I like the trout idea too! 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky,
    I really like your top. I don't think you have to change a thing. The leaf print is good as it is. This is an abstract, not a photograph. It is an art quilt! Ponder it a while but don't rush to make changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Chritine you don't need to change a thing. Very nice.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete