Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ashley and I were getting ready to go outside to put up lights, when I looked out the window....It was snowing!I decided a picture with Stephanie was needed. I wish I weren't that round, but I am.I thought the house looked really nice. Those bowing bushes are the bamboo around the pond. But that is supposed to change, of course. This is what weather.com says
THREE TO SIX INCHES COULD FALL SUNDAY...AND FIVE TO EIGHT INCHES COULD FALL MONDAY. THIS IS COPIOUS RAINFALL BY ANY STANDARD. That's not rainfall, that's firehose amounts.

EVERY RIVER FLOWING OFF THE OLYMPICS COULD FLOOD MONDAY. SOME OF THEM COULD REACH NEAR RECORD FLOOD STAGES. That's because it will wash all the new snow away too.

a duplo creation by Stephanie. I think Megan helped too, but she usually does her own thing, like lining up the people....

6 comments:

  1. That is a very nice picture of your house. Did you paint it? I thought it was blue when you boughtit.
    Anyway love the green!
    Sheri
    PS we had our first snow of the year last night too.I always love the first snow. Makes me want to cook soup and curl up with a good book and cup of hot chocolate.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're due for up to 14(!) inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. I went out yesterday and got some lentils and ginger to try a new soup recipe I found. Perfect timing! (if here's nothing else to eat, everyone will HAVE to try it!)

    Stephanie's going to be an engineer or something - she's got the symmetry bug.

    And I too love your house. Looks very homey. Gosh, put some tasteful cranberry shutters up, and Martha Stewart'll be right over. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri-yes we painted, I guess I never got around to posting a new picture. my bad.

    Dorothy- wow, that's a lotta snow. That would bring us to a stand still. And...as a matter of fact, we have considered putting up a red-ish color....This green was picked by Dan and Stephanie, I wasn't there. I am also considering going with a darker green [this one with some black? added] for the trim. I don't really want generic shutters....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, snow and then rain, and then a mess! But it looks pretty while it's snowing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I both know that green is my favorite. I am surprised you didn't tell me you painted your house that color when I was going through my angst with my studio. (BTW, we don't mind if you are "round". We still lov ya!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Teresa, I didn't think my green was in league with your studio, so I didn't mention it. I mean, your green is way lighter than our house green. Jeri needs to look at your green, even though she is thinking 'pear' green, not 'apple' green. It really helps to see it up on walls, doesn't it.

    And thank you for loving me in the round...

    ReplyDelete