Sunday, October 21, 2007

"Raffle" Quilt

I think I will call this quilt "Orange Roughy", which is the name of a fish that is not even included in this print. Does that bother me? Heck no! The quilt is orange, bright orange, and I want to donate it to my daughters Spanich...opps, seriously opps... SpaniSh Club at her High School. I am hoping the teacher will approve of this, even though my fingers spell words incorrectly.
I am actually farther along than this, but I don't feel like taking a picture of it at the moment as it's almost done! I plan to stitch the outside binding/border down in the next couple of days, and make a hanging sleeve for it. I haven't finished the quilting {all hand done BTW} because I am pretty sure I just need to finish the outside borders. I have to lay this out in bright light and inspect it carefully as I loose my place all the time! No matter how carefully I set it down at EACH interruption, I never seem to pick it up and know exactly where I was, so this has been sitting on the back of the couch with needles the size of spears stuck in it.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colors. I've noticed your very good with color in all you do. I love brights and don't care for the muted civil war type fabrics.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. How big is the quilt? I love orange! Can I send in a proxy bid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine I haven't even measured it...but its a lap size...too small for a bed, too big for a wall. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh my eyes are bleeding, :) this is a gorgeous quilt! Great job! Sharyn/KalamaQuilts

    ReplyDelete