Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Projects for Family

Three GD's got multi-tools for multi reasons. They took a 'Survive a Zombie' type activity/class in Girl Scouts. So of course they wanted to continue what they learned there. The tiny pouch the tools came in was not very sturdy, so Gup to the rescue. Considering the whole family goes on walks, day hikes, etc. I figured a multi-pouch was something they could use.  So 13 inches of their dad's raggy jeans legs, 3 of them,  some thoughtful creativity on my side, and a broken tape measure. The tape measure, number side facing in, makes the bags snap shut. The bags can be put on belts, hooked to purse like straps, or to belt loops. They each got a tiny bag out of the scraps.
Early this month, I made junk type journals for the same GD's. But no pix. !
Anyway, the older 2 GD's want journals too....and then my SIL said HE wanted one too!  ??  Wow.  I had used lousy story books for the first ones, but needed another idea for these.  I just happened to have saved these sturdy envelopes from a sticker order I had made several years ago.  Slip 2 of them together via the flap, and you have a cover with pockets! I am covering them with kraft paper that comes in some mail orders. They will take regular 8 x 11 paper for pages, which I haven't figured out how to add yet. [but i have been watching plenty of you tubes for ideas]  I 'dyed' some papers with green RIT, that is the greenish one. I did take pix of that project....
PatchBook is in top center of this picture
This one I made for myself in 2015, and have added some to it this year too. This has Grandparent saves in it, and I have another one I am working on. Besides the PatchBook I have been using daily. 
The ants have been bad for the feeders this year, so I am having to resort to creative solutions. Dan suggested I put it in a 'moat', thus the bird bath on the table.  I have been able to count 8 birds at one time, on both feeders and in mid flight. Two have flown inside, one I was able to catch and video. 
The net bag is protecting the lone cherry on the tree, from the Robin. I had to chase the bird out of the tree, since there weren't enough fruits for both of us. This is the tree the deer ate the early buds off. I share the strawberries and blueberries with Robin, so I didn't feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment