Friday, June 21, 2013

This and That

First off...Happy Birthday to my daughter-ex-in-law, Kacie.
The above picture is from days  weeks ago showing the work in the middle...that I removed, so the pic below is the current work.  The couched green is a heavy thread and over powered the satin-stitched pinks, which I didn't like next to the earthy colors in the middle....Using just varigated threads is proving to be quite the challenge.  That is good, but it's also making the stitching go slow...or quickly removed, if looking at it that way is your cuppa.  I am going to leave the center empty for now...

 On Fathers Day we had visitors.....LOTS of little girls!

G'Pa brought this box home from work...notice the wording on the side????
I found this 'mannequin' inside.....


This is the pink scrappy quilt I was working on.  It's finished!  We had fleece yardage in a wild print, so I used it for the batt and backing.  

2 comments:

  1. She fits perfectly in that box! The quilt was almost adorable as the kid rolled in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She fits perfectly in that box! The quilt was almost adorable as the kid rolled in it!

    ReplyDelete