Saturday, December 16, 2017

Creating Continues

it really is this purple
One of the 6 pack has asked Santa for a Mermaid blanket. So Mrs. Claus asked me if I wanted to make it for her, my granddaughter. #4 knew what color she wanted, so that part was easy.  Picking the right pattern wasn't. Yes there are lots of patterns out there, but I was looking for something 
finger-toe-poke-um-through-the-hole proof.  If there is such a thing. This stitch pattern is called Arcade Stitch by Wool and the Gang.  I don't know if they designed it, but it was their instructions I used, and they were very clear to follow.  I made this a rectangle, like any afghan, added a border and then....
Well...the mermaid blanket is stitched together up part of the "back" for you to tuck your feet into. So I had to come up with a way to stitch it up.
So that is how I did it.  
But the pix came out blue..and somehow I have forgotten to photograph the damn tail!  Well I will get that when #4 is in this.
I used a yarn from Micheal's crafts. Not very soft or pleasant to work with. BUT it washed up soft and  cuddly! And when #4 is no longer interested in it as a mermaid, she can remover the tail and  open the back up to have a rectangle blanket.  Clever, huh??
This is a little thing. It's called the Tree of Life
from a 365 days of free crochet blog???  I found it on Pinterest, of course.
Now these little trees...I made them up myself. They go in Christmas cards. 
Then I looked for, and found, a simple bear pattern for #6
I stuffed her with cotton fabric scraps, so fibers don't leak out as she chews on this.
Next up.  Another tree ornament, but different, with a star on top. 
good thing it's not an elephant, cuz that is one fat trunk
My daughter needs feathers for a project she is doing, so I whipped these out. Seriously, they don't take long!
Even though the pattern instructions is in Spanish, I think. The ladies are in Peru, so I will not assume that they are speaking Spanish.
There is a you tube with English subtitles, but you can follow the video easily.
My grandmothers table.
Speaking of grandmothers, here is my #6. 
Because she will chew on it.

How awesome is this?  She says she loves you every time she sucks her fingers!
Not her thumb, her fingers!


No comments:

Post a Comment