Monday, January 18, 2016

Leaf Experiments

I want to stitch the leaf, the big one in my last post, to the fabric it is photographed on.
But first I needed to try it on a different leaf.  It worked!
I used Decoart Media Liquid Glass on these.  I read reviews that said it leaves things pliable, and that was what I was hoping for.  When it was dry, I put the needle to it. It worked really nicely.
I did find that the holes created by the needle were not as pronounced-mess up-disrupted when I put the needle down through the leaf.  So come up through the fabric, and down through the leaf. 
Not a great enlargement, but it gives you and idea of how the holes look.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Will the leaf stay like that or is there some degradation that may continue as it gets older?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try this, maybe add glass #11 beads on the stitches around the red leaf. I really like this!

    ReplyDelete