Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Presenting The Finished Scarf!

Hanging from afar...
 ....and close up....
...and sideways....
... and wet...
The scarf is finished.  I left off the flower. 
Nor did I use the yarn she did, so it's different, of course.  
These color changes are also more bold.
Next up...catalog covers...I have saved many over the years.  These 2 from the same seed company, got glued to old calendar pages to stiffen them up and to give them a 'backing'.  Not sure yet what they will be transformed into...
The boat quilt is on the back of the red veggies, the ice cream cones on the back of the "Art of the Garden".

I have always loved watercolor paintings!
What to do after finishing a project?  Make a loopy thing of course...

I wanted to try out this trick... found on Pinterest of course.  It's a way to pad circles of crochet, so I made a 'garland' of them in a soft cotton yarn.  You just keep going and going...
But as I did this, I pictured those scarf hanger hacks using shower curtain rings..., found on you know where.  This would work for that too, besides being soft and not scratchy. 

Next....We finally put up a dedicated Rock Shelf.  Sand. Dirt. Pinecones. Driftwood...All collected on road trips.  {I added a few animals and such that were NOT collected on said trips}
Stephanie and Dad had made the original shelf unit for her teenage room for do dads.  I always loved it,  and since she left it here...
Dan added a top board and both sides, to strengthen and make high enough since it originally did not have 'legs'.
There are also a few nests found over the years, hummers, wasps, and a junkos.



No comments:

Post a Comment