Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Possibly Done....Maybe

The Valori Wells 'DelHi' Collection print, pillow cover.
The embroidered pillow. 
 There is more I would like to do. 
But I have a couple of other WIP's I would like to get to, so the pillow case is on the pillow.
I challenged myself to use ONLY variegated threads, perle/pearl cotton types, not 6-strand.
Turns out the challenge was more in the lack of color range.  Most of the treads are hand-dyes/over-dyes so the 'spacing' is different from consistent-dye variations, which became part of the challenge also.

I added the gauze/batiste/lawn type fabric pieces....That pathway leads to Jude and all I learned from her!
You can see the dragonfly better in this shot. I stitched areas of Valori's print that showed through the thin gauzy stuff. The pillow form is about 20" square, one my mom had made [not purchased] for decor pillows for her bed. She would like that I made them into my own....to use on my bed. 
[this is a book prop for reading in bed]
So what is the WIP I wanted to work on?  3 Quilts for 4 special people.  
I had to sit down and draw proper 'maps' for the cutting of the fabrics...and to work out my designs.
This is a stack of blocks partly assembled.
Camp
Each pattern, fabric and embellishments are gathered to suit 3 different people.
Flower
Steampunk
The 4th person?  Well....he will just have to snuggle with the 3rd and love it because he loves her!


2 comments:

  1. Vicky, the pillow is fantastic! Love all the various stitches, pattern etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lorraine. You have made a lovely book prop - pillow - with beautiful texture. xx

    ReplyDelete