Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hummers

According to this migration map, I should not have the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird at my feeder.

Ruby-throated Hummingbird Photo
But this is what the bird looks like that comes to our feeder. 


Our male does not have the red head of the Anna's Hummingbird, below.
Adult male

I only have a picture of the female for now. 
This pair is nesting very close by.  I haven't found the nest, but I have an idea where it is.  I don't really want to go hunting for it and possibly disturb the birds.  I just make sure they have food all the time!
My neighbor and I like to sit out now and then,  in the late afternoon/evening and chat, so I have to make sure we are not really close to the feeder so the birds can get their last feeding in before compete dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment